In order to assist members of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago (the "Bank") with their required regulatory compliance, the following guidelines are adopted to address the privacy of confidential information which is received by the Bank from or on behalf of members or customers of the Bank (the "Members"):
With respect to nonpublic personal information (as that term is defined in the Gramm- Leach-Bliley Act) received by the Bank from or on behalf of Members, appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards have been instituted to:
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of such information;
- Protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information; and
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of such information.
No nonpublic personal information which is received from or on behalf of a Member is used by the Bank or disclosed to third parties, other than uses and disclosures which are permitted by statutory or regulatory exceptions.
Third parties engaged by the Bank who have access to nonpublic personal information received from or on behalf of Members are required:
- To comply with all applicable privacy laws;
- To institute administrative, technical and physical safeguards which are consistent with those outlined in paragraph 1 above;
- To limit their use of nonpublic personal information to the purpose(s) for which it was provided to them; and
- To release nonpublic personal information only as permitted by statutory or regulatory exceptions.